Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bicycle Eating Weed

Hello,

Having passed by the old building in the background a few times, then noticing it was boarded up I got curious.  It is an old building on Shinshu University near my house and on the way to one of the shops that I go to.  It was easy to get to, about ten yards from the street with no fence and near by there is a well used walking path.  Inside was nothing much a big mirror, disused sport equipment and that's about it disappointing.

The lucky find was this picture though.  I took it before looking into the haunted looking building in the background. All the different aged, forgotten bicycles are parked and slowly being eaten by the weeds and plants in the area.  The healthy green plants covering the black seats and tires, moving into the area of all that chrome.  I can see in my mind in the spring all the baskets filled with flowers and the orange reflectors the only part spared.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment