Monday, December 10, 2012

Butterfly

Hello,

I had many goals for my photography this last year and this picture is one of them.  I always enjoyed watching butterflies flutter as they fly around in between flowers all my life.  On the way to store one day I saw a little farm with mostly vegetables but they did have a couple of rows of flowers that I thought looked beautiful.  Getting ready to snap a couple of photos this butterfly flew right down on the flower and started drinking the nectar.

As a butterfly picture, in focus, was one of my goals this year I took many photos.  The wings slowly beating with the fuzzy body interests in to no end.  Background greens always look wonderful to me when you have bright colored objects in the front.  Purple petals which over lap each other and the yellow and red stamen do that job perfectly.  The antennae on the head with the little black dots complete the picture for me.

Thank you very much for reading.