Friday, December 28, 2012

Leaf on Stone

Hello,

I have talked about Zenkoji before and now that the new year is fast coming my thoughts go to visiting it new year's eve and day.  This will be a brand new experience for me to see a temple crowded with people wishing for a great new year with me.  I am going to try to get to visit about three or four temples and shrines in those first few days if it doesn't snow too much or get too cold.

On the way to the main temple you pass many sites to see but at the bottom is a modest looking set of buildings.  On each side of the tree-lined street they sit with a little draining channel.  That's where this picture was taken during the orange colored leafs turning leafs season.  I loved the one leaf that fell early then the rest and the clear water underneath it.  I took about five photos but only this one had the bubbles that really turns it into a great picture.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment