Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dried Persimmon

Hello,

I was originally unhappy with this picture as a whole.  The foreground branches I thought did nothing but get in the way of the dried persimmon no matter where I positioned myself.  The background I thought wasn't blurred enough to where you couldn't see any details.  Then the persimmon is in focus but it wasn't correctly framed to the rest of the picture.

Finally my wife looked at it and said she loved it because it was very wabi-sabi.  So I looked at it again and fell in love not for the technique but for the scene.  The branches were all in the way because that is the scene and the way they looked even to me.  The background told you it was fall with the green pine needles.  The dried persimmon is correct when you add in the rest of the picture and take it as a whole and not one rule at a time.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment