Friday, January 25, 2013

Frozen River

Hello,

About a month ago I was reading a magazine about different photography techniques to try during the winter.  One of those was to freeze different things inside of ice and then take photos of the block, mostly with a light behind it.  I was tempted to try it but then thought that it was cold enough as it was so moved on.  As I passed this little drainage river I saw this ice that looked just like one of the examples from the magazine.

The contrasting shades of white give it a three dimensional look even though it is flat.  I think that as the cold winter night air freeze the water at night it fights against the draining ground.  It looks abstract in design but it is actually very natural and organic.  Dark leaves help to make the white pop out as well.  Best of all I didn't have to do anything other then take the photo.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment