Thursday, January 3, 2013

Summer Fun

Hello,

During the summer time all throughout Japan almost every city and area has a summer festival or matsuri.  My local shrine had one so I decided to go because it was the first I had to chance to go to and I thought it would be fun.  I was surprised that so many people were there even though the area was actually quite small.  There was lots of food, a little bit of beer, and as you can see fireworks all for sale.

I don't really drink and I ate before I went so all I had left was the fireworks.  Many of the children were playing with them and you could see all the different colors that each one was using.  I love the way that the only light on her is the intense light of the burning metal.  It gives it a slow glow though that highlights the colors in the cotton kimono.

Thank you very much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment